It's been a long time since my last post! With moving and being at camp with the students last week, it's been busy!
As far as moving goes, all the big stuff is unpacked and settled, it's all the little stuff packed in small boxes in small clusters all over that's taking awhile to get through (you'll recall from a previous post that I'm sorting after the move :). We're in process of painting the 3rd of 4 rooms, the nursury (room #4 will be our bathroom, but I just don't know what color yet; so it may be awhile). So now our living room looks like a Babies 'r Us store. And because we're painting stripes in there and because every home project takes longer than you think it will, we're on night #3 working on it (not counting the 2 coats of paint my dad and Aaron painted this past weekend). I painted a third coat Tuesday night, because the green was stubborn :). We're taping, and possibly painting the stripes tonight. I will post pictures when it's done. I think it's going to look fantastic.
And not to the title of this post, the adventures. I've had many in the last week. We took the students to Trek last week which is a leadership training camp. We had a really fun group of 14 students that went. It was a blast getting to know them. They were such a fun bunch. The scariest of the adventures being in a harness and pulled up about 3 stories where I had to pull a cord to release myself to swing from this great height (and I'm scared of heights. I announced at the top that I was suffering for the sake of the gospel. The sweet camp lady said that was a new one. Might I also add that many of our group climbed up a 70 foot climbing wall and took the zip line down...I wasn't that brave) The next adventure was trying to go out sharing the gospel in the pouring rain with students on Wednesday night. The Lord did provide some great conversations though. This was followed by canoeing in the pouring rain for 2 hours the next day. As soon as we sat in the canoe in just came down. We were soaked pretty quickly. My student co-pilot laughed hysterically for the first 20 minutes, and then I laughed hysterically as she drove us into a pile of tree branches and I was laying parallel to the water to avoid getting my eyes poked out. But we had a good time and made up some good songs. The next adventure was that night sleeping in covered wagons which are actually pretty cool - literally and figuratively. The UWEC girls and I had a great time and when I woke up I saw all them totally immersed in their sleeping bags.
And our neighbors have 6 grandchildren under the age of 6 and all but the oldest were swimming in a kiddie pool completely naked right outside our back door (we live in a duplex condo with a connected back yard). It was hillarious - that was our funny moment of the week.
So Aaron is back from Menards with another roll of painters tape, and I'm going to go finish taping. I'll leave you with one picture with the promise to post more soon.
Love to you all!
Here's our fun group from Trek!
2 comments:
It sounds like TREK was a lot of fun. And painting can be fun too! My mom, sis and I painted our basement a few years ago and had a blast. I'll be in EC in a week if you want any help painting!!
~Katie Hutjens
Hi Guys! The pics of your new home are wonderful!! When will you be around Rkfd? Would love to have you guys over! Happy painting! I want to see pics of the stripes!
Sheri Ruiz
Post a Comment